6 January 2011
Scunthorpe United fan Jamie Muir got a shock when he opened his Christmas present last month — a personalised year planner from the football club.
The pub landlord was stunned to find a missing letter S in rather a crucial place in the message reading ‘Jamie Muir, Scunthorpe United Number One Fan’.
“I had to rub my eyes,“ said Mr Muir. “I thought I was seeing things. Initially, I thought the publishers had made a mistake with mine.
“But then I got a letter and a sticker. They asked us to put it over the mistake, but I reckon I’ll keep it as it is!“
An official club letter says: ‘I can not apologise enough that this has happened.’ The club has blamed publishers of the £12.99 calendar for the mistake.
At Mightier Than, we do proofreading, too. Don’t risk a red face. Call me today on 01772 435827 or 07745 092037.
Follow me on Twitter for new post alerts:
Most recent posts
- Freelance copywriter: who’d want to be one of those?
- Happy birthday to me
- Copywriter goes from soup kitchen to top table
- Why I won’t stand for misuse of sat
- When creativity just gets in the way
- That’s just rude
- Copywriting buyers beware
- The copywriter who has no problem with jargon
- Change your thinking on direct mail
- Freelance copywriter not in Edinburgh
- Put my copywriting to the test
- And then they used the P word