Just say thanks
17 August 2009
I get a lot of e-mail from wannabe copywriters. This is OK, leaving aside the fact that their window-shopping has cost me about £1.55 on Adwords.
I have to confess, though, that I did go through a period of sending this automatic reply: ‘Thank you for your request. I’m afraid I no longer offer copywriting advice as it is rarely acknowledged. Apologies if you were among the 5% who would have thanked me.’
Nowadays, I’m a bit less grumpy. Or perhaps I just get a better class of visitor to my site. Anyway, I had a lovely e-mail from Kate, a local-paper journalist, today, who wants to cross over from the dark side. We had a nice e-mail exchange and I’m going to help her with some copy samples.
See, I don’t bite. You just need to be polite.
Follow me on Twitter for new post alerts:
Most recent posts
- Freelance copywriter: who’d want to be one of those?
- Happy birthday to me
- Copywriter goes from soup kitchen to top table
- Why I won’t stand for misuse of sat
- When creativity just gets in the way
- That’s just rude
- Copywriting buyers beware
- The copywriter who has no problem with jargon
- Change your thinking on direct mail
- Freelance copywriter not in Edinburgh
- Put my copywriting to the test
- And then they used the P word