Copywriter goes from soup kitchen to top table
21 October 2013
Well, it’s been nearly a year since my last blog post. That’s shocking. Not that anyone reads this stuff. Apart from you. Have you really nothing better to do?
But I have good reason to blog today. After ten years of languishing in Google’s soup kitchens, I find myself suddenly at the top table.
A Google search today for ‘copywriter’, ‘copywriting’, ‘freelance copywriter’ and ‘freelance copywriting’ has yielded front page results for the lot. Full house. Bingo.
I’d love to tell you that this success, for which some would pay thousands a month, is down to finely honed SEO skills and a forensic understanding of Panda and Penguin. But that’d be a lie.
Truth is, it’s as random as a snowflake in June.
However, it has prompted this blog post. I think a few more might follow soon, too, as that seems to be how to keep Google sweet these days. #AlgorithmOfTheMonth
Follow me on Twitter for new post alerts:
Most recent posts
- Freelance copywriter: who’d want to be one of those?
- Happy birthday to me
- Copywriter goes from soup kitchen to top table
- Why I won’t stand for misuse of sat
- When creativity just gets in the way
- That’s just rude
- Copywriting buyers beware
- The copywriter who has no problem with jargon
- Change your thinking on direct mail
- Freelance copywriter not in Edinburgh
- Put my copywriting to the test
- And then they used the P word